About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Wednesday 26 January 2011

My Journey

Our Manchester trip


It has been more than four months since I came to UK. But I feel as if I just came few days back. I still remember the day when I bid adieu to my family and friends. After that, the whole journey of 7500 miles to Manchester was filled with nostalgic feeling along with some unknown anticipation of future. In the Airport, when I saw a student with the Blue Salford University hoody to receive me, I felt instantly comfortable.  With the university organizing various events and trips, I had the best time in the next two weeks.  It helped me to know new places and also to make new friends. In fact I made most number of friends in those first two week. My trip to Castleton and Trafford center were most unforgettable.   

Castleton Trip
And finally came my first day in class. Doing MBA was my childhood aspiration and I was actually thrilled when I got an offer from Salford. Salford Business School being one among the very few AMBA accredited university, my expectation was pretty high. In short, with the MBA, I wanted to get transformed to a perfect Manager from a Software Engineer. Yeah, the course proved its strength but the course was not what I imagined before. In India, there used to be a wide gap between the class room education and real time life. It used to be a spoon feed on facts and theories. But on the contrary, I felt our MBA is a transformation process where the reality is shown clearly. To say truly, they didn’t teach me or feed me anything, but I got all the required signposts to succeed which is all I need. 

Apart from studies, the fun I had was also not limited. Though the university has a lot of communities, I made sure to join at least one among them: SCUBA diving society. First of all, I joined to it because I know for sure that I can never get trained in diving outside the university and second, I loved it. Am still undergoing training and am sure will go for a sea dive soon. (For more details on Scuba visit http://www.scubadiving.com/ ).Trips through Interlink, visit to factories, snow games, International society events and parties with my friends, Wow I have really enjoyed my last few months. (I have booked for the trip to Manchester eye tomorrow through interlink, so another day of joy!!)
I have completed my first semester with the exams last week and now have another week for my second semester to kickoff. The second semester may be flying faster than before, but am sure I will not miss any excitement in the ceaseless journey. 

To learn more about life at Salford, why not watch our YouTube videos?

No comments:

Post a Comment