About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Saturday 5 February 2011

New Experiences


 I always love to experience new things and it was actually one of the reasons I came to UK. Catering to my interest, while I was in India, my friends (from Switzerland) description about UK incited me to join Salford. And right from the day I stepped in UK, I am having lot of different experience which can’t be easily just described in few words. I would like to share two such pleasant experiences I had in this week.
In the warmth of Sunset 
Cycling: I purchased a mountain bike from EBay as I found it to be the best way to explore the city. With my friend Richie who already owned a cycle, we started our exploration together. And our first plan was to visit Manchester united stadium. Though we both have travelled to the stadium many a times, we thought to take some unconventional route with the hope of finding new shortcuts. We got engulfed by the scenic beauties of the country and eventually ended up in Eccles which lies 180 degree opposite to our intended direction. But when you travel with a friend, nothing could stop or trouble you. We found our way back to Manchester united. We indeed had some abuse from a drunken man and angry stares from the some commuters for ignoring some rules (Hope we will master them soon), but it all ended up as a pleasant ride.      
Lost in Eccles


    
Skating: I never imagined skating to be a wild sport. When I got invitation from my scuba team for the ice skating, I was more than thrilled.  Some of my friends started sailing in the ice with ease and some even did some crazy jumps, back flips and triple axles. But when I stepped in to the ice, I instantly found the difficulty and fear gripped over me. I became a child and started tumbling in all direction. (Some were very embarrassing indeed). But the only advantage is that you are not the only one to fall. Though many were skating so well, I found lot of first timers like me and now I started competing with them. With my friends help, I learnt to stand and move with the help of a support. But our falling never stopped. The more I thought I learnt something, the more I fell. It eventually turned out to be the best day of my life with friends competing with each other on the falling rate. Though we had a lot of minor bruises, no one was hurt badly. Looking back at the photos we had a very good laugh. 
   


We learned to Stand at last

No comments:

Post a Comment