About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Gaming Zone!!

Age of Empire- My all time favorite!
I have always been fascinated by games.  As a kid, when I got my first video game kit as a gift for birthday, I literally glued myself with the TV and played games day and night.  Especially, I have a very strong association with Mario as I have saved the princess many times from the evil dragon. (And even now, whenever I see kids playing Mario, I will feel the strong urge to snatch the joystick and plunge into the action). And later during the engineering days, strategy games like Age of Empires, Red alert and Age of Mythology were my favorite. Many a times, I have bunked the classes since I spent sleepless night as a warrior leading troops and capturing new lands. Later, online role playing games attracted my interest and it’s the worst of all. Because it makes you forget the outside world and you will completely live with the virtual reality. (The movie Avatar is an advanced form of it, but actually it’s true with all online players).  After coming to UK, I gave a small break to all my gaming desires and since I had other kind of fun to cherish with. But it was not for long!

With the start of second semester, we had our new surprise. Now am supposed to start with a new business game, but as part of our curriculum. In contrast to playing against computers, this game needs to be played against our class mates. And as prospective future managers of the world, we are supposed to take decisions and run a billion pound Car Company and compete with each other team. That’s the game (Check the website to know more about the game http://www.trainingsimulations.com/). 5 teams were formed with 4 members in each team and we were ready to compete against each other. On one hand, we were enjoying with our competitive game and its outcome whereas on the other side, we started learning about the importance of managerial decision making. We started to see simple decisions changing the company’s future and so started implementing all the theories that we have been learning for the past 6 months.

As we grow up, we tend to forget our lively childish behaviour and tend to lead an empty life. But these kind of games can bring out the spirit in us. I can never forget our class mates shouting, mourning, jumping and even fighting while we played and it made thing more interesting. More than winning the game, it is this kind of participation which makes the game (and even our life) more interesting!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment