About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Festival of Colors - Holi

With Halloween look after Holi!
With the transition from cold winter to refreshing spring, newly blossomed daffodils can be seen all over the country welcoming the change. Days started getting longer and warmer. After staying around six months in UK, now I started going around with cool T-shirt and jean without the protection of heavy jackets and gloves.  In India, it is celebrated with the religious festival called Holi where we welcome the spring with colors. I never expected to continue that tradition in UK. I got surprised when my friend told about Holi being organized and celebrated near Rusholme.  Without much anticipation, we went there and got pleasant surprise seeing people in full action. Most of them are unrecognizable and it took some time for us to even recognize my accommodation friends. Dancing, shouting, teasing and fighting with colors, wow, it was really a memorable experience. Except for the fact that it took hours together to clean my shoes and dress  

No comments:

Post a Comment