About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Paris trip – Part 1

Standing tall - Taken from our Bus
After a week of interesting events in Rouen Business School, the much awaited day to visit the 6th largest city of the world arrived. A bus was arranged for our trip and we started to Paris after our breakfast in Rouen. The temperature in France in general was so good (around 20 degree most of the time) and the weather forecast also confirmed on our best day to tour around. We were greeted by the Eiffel tower even from a very far distance which stood sumptuously welcoming everyone. Every street was filled with surprise as French architect have shown their competence in every possible building.

Au pied de cocbon - Paris
Our stay was arranged in a three star Hotel – Bergere Opera by the university which was in the heart of the Grands Boulevards. Also our farewell lunch from Rouen Business School was arranged in famous Restaurant of Paris - Au Pied De Cochon. As chicken was not consumed as commonly as we have here in England by the French, my favourite dish remained to be fish during my stay in France since I don’t eat Pork and beef due to religious reason.  To my surprise, the food catered also had their cultural touch where they served whole fish with dressing all around it (French have the habit of eating the whole animal as leaving some part of them was considered to be a disgrace). After a bon appetite, we almost ran back to our hotel to get dressed for our awaited tour. Since we had only half a day left for our exploration of Paris, time became a critical factor.
A warm day ahead - busy street in Paris

 Do wait for my next blog to know about our experience on the worlds prominent places in Paris (Actually, I can’t restrict my experience in few words within this blog). A lot more excitement yet to come… 


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have heard lots of about Salford university and I am planning to apply in any university at Manchester because my uncle is leaving there.

    I have 2 questions:
    1) I am confuse between Manchester Metropolitan University and Salfor University. Please u suggest me which one is better.

    2) what is scope for part-time job?

    please replay me at : prithvi.chauhan88@gmail.com

    Thanks in Advance.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Prithvi,
    Both Manchester Metropolitan and Salford Univ are located in Great Manchester. But Manchester metropolitan univ is located right in the city center where Salford univ is ten min from the city center. Both are more traditional and very old university. As per my knowledge, Manchester metropolitan univ is known for some courses like nursing and medicine. And salford for technical courses. But overall, Manchester metropolitan univ is very expensive compared to Salford. Let me know abt the course u want to take so that i can help u better

    And regarding part time, as I said earlier, you can get jobs easily if you really search hard. And places like Machester united football stadium will be looking for people all the time and you can get jobs so easily.

    Do let me know if you need any further info

    Regards
    Sathish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your valuable information.....

    Basically I am computer science student and I have select courses one is from MMU and one is from Salford as below:

    http://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/8899/

    and

    http://www.salford.ac.uk/course-finder/course/1464

    If you have time so it would be great and another thing I want to ask about placement after program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Prithvi,

    I checked with one of my friend in computer science dept in Salford. He told the course is worth for the money. But cant find much info abt mmu.

    If you need more info about the course in Salford, I will give you the right contact person so that you can get all details clearly.

    Regards
    Sathish

    ReplyDelete