About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Sunday 6 February 2011

Chinese New Year

Lion Dance
Today I celebrated the fifth day of the Chinese New year (Year of Rabbit) with my international friends. Many events were organized in the Manchester city center and we started early from the student accommodation so that we don’t miss anything. I saw the massive crowd which can be seldom seen in the city center. There were many events organized and the most impressive one were the dragon and lion dance and acrobatics (some martial arts stunts). I also got some blessing from the fortune god and he wished for everyone's wellness.  



After a ravishing Lunch
And in the afternoon, for the first time I went to a pure Chinese Restaurant. I instantly felt the cultural difference with my neighboring country. All the dishes were ordered by my friends since I can't discriminate between anything. The highlight is I started learning to hold the chop sticks (But I asked for a fork and knife later to eat since holding alone can’t quench my hunger).  We roamed around the food stalls and art workshops while waiting for the final firework and took some crazy pictures. And finally the firework proved the waiting to be worthy. It eventually turned out to be an unforgettable day.  
Yupee!! the fireworks


Along with the Chinese, I believe this year of Golden Rabbit will bring fortune and good health to everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment