About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

My New Home


Mouth watering Chicken 65
After a year of stay in the university accommodation, I shifted to my friends place last week.  It’s a four bedroom individual house in Chethamhill. One of the advantage of Chetamhill is that it’s an predominantly an Asian area and so you can enjoy the Indian cuisine anytime needed. And also its just ten minutes from the city centre.  I was given an individual room which has all facilities. Since my friend has been staying here for almost a year, his home has everything we looks for. But out of all, the one that attracted me a lot in the whole house is the bathtub which was not available in the university accommodation.
Jalebi after a long time
And regarding food, the most attractive shop to me was the sweet shop. Since I didn’t eat the Indian jalebi for a long time, I bought half a kg of it and had my full share along with my friends. Also today being Ramadan, the shops were all full and I need to stand in the queue to get my order of sweets. More than the room and shower, my new room mates were so kind( two of them are my MBA class mates – Phani and Richie). They started with cooking chicken 65 for my arrival and welcomed me with our home made Indian food. After lot of hesitation and mixed feeling, I came out of my old accommodation. Am more than delighted now and hope we all had a exciting stay together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment