About my blog.

I am an Indian student currently studying for my MBA at the University of Salford,Greater Manchester, UK.
This blog will detail my study in the UK, aswell as details on how I find life in the UK. I will discuss my postgraduate study in England and what I'm doing in my spare time.
If you would like information about the University of Salford, please email international@salford.ac.uk or visit www.salford.ac.uk

Enjoy the blog.

Saturday 20 August 2011

Hoodie


Last week UK experienced something that they never experienced before – the Riot which started after the initially peaceful protest in Tottenham. With their identity hidden within a hoodie and  kerchief, the rioters involved in widespread looting, arson and violence with significant outbreaks in various parts of London. Within few days, it spread across all major cities of UK and eventually the Manchester too fell under it.  Almost all major retail shops were broken with the target especially on the electronics and booze stores.
The strength of youth!!
But right after the day of attack in Manchester one thing was shown greatly by the local mancunions which is their united Spirit. It bought back the people and business around to life as soon as possible.  The next day, thousands of Mancunians were found coming to work, going about their business, tidying their premises. Also the police played a great part in strengthening the protection across all potentially vulnerable areas and thereby avoided all further attack. When I went to the consultancy project the following day, apart from broken glasses of the shops, I also found the ebullience and strong character of the local and their support to the community.

Earlier in Indian films, I have seen Omni van generally used by the terrorist for all their activities. Whenever I see an omni, I usually imagine of terrorist using it(usually when I was small). Now after the attack here in Manchester, I find all people (especially young person) with a hoodie appearing to be a rioter. Even though I like personally like hoodie and have a lot of them (most of them bought in the university), I nowadays found a new dislike to it. But I hope this feeling of both hoodie and the pain which was caused by the riots will be short-lived…

No comments:

Post a Comment